To strengthen our team in the department ‘Materials Engineering” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting late 2021, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und Prüfung (BAM) is looking for a Head of Division “Polymer Matrix Composites” (m/f/d)
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
Join our team of dedicated scientific leaders!
Your responsibilities include: Your responsibilities cover the technical and administrative management of the “Polymer Matrix Composites” division, with a topical focus on polymetric-matrix composites. The technical work ranges from fundamental scientific discoveries to industrial applications, with expected core activities in the area of mechanical lifetime optimization and the development of recyclable high-performance polymer-matrix composites. The Division Head will be responsible for implementing the division`s new changed focus towards polymer-matrix composites.
A sucessful candidate can demonstrate scientific excellence through third-party funding, peer-reviewed scientific publishing, and invited talks. You have experience in supervision and mentoring of young scientists across fundamental and applied research topics.
Your responsibilities furthermore include:
- Strategic, personnel and technical management of the division
- Management and motivation of a team of technical and scientific staff
- Initiation and implemantation of research in the field of polymer-matrix composites
- Lead and/or promote the acquision of externally funded research projects
- Design of research projects for phd students and for postdoctoral researchers, as well as their supervision
- Supporting the institutional development and taking a proactive role in the development of BAM`s subject focus areas, especially in the field of materials
- Participation in national and international scientific networks, advisory boards, and standardization bodies
- Development of new and strengthening of existing collaborations with national and international partners
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.