Reference : 2017/SBoursesPostdocSol
Application deadline: 30.04.2017
Start date : between 01.09.2017 and 30.09.2017
The Université libre de Bruxelles has created a Solidarity Fund in order to provide support for researchers who no longer have the freedom to pursue their research in their home country, where they are threatened due to the content of their scientific work or to the opinions they have freely expressed.
The Solidarity Fund will offer postdoctoral fellowships to enable threatened academics to continue their work at ULB in a climate of academic freedom.
The solidarity fellowship consists in a one-year (12 months) postdoctoral position, amounting to 43,000 euros gross (approximately 28,000 euros net), plus a relocation allowance of 5,000 euros net (payable after arrival in Belgium should the researcher have to move from another country).
The recipients will carry out research in a ULB laboratory, supervised by a member of the University’s academic staff. They may, if they so wish, take part in teaching activities or any other scientific activities organised on campus.
To be eligible for the position, applicants must:
- hold a PhD and occupy (or have occupied) a full time position in a university in their home country;
- be currently at risk in their home country due to the content of their work or to the ideas they have openly expressed;
- not have resided or carried out their main activity in Belgium (work, studies etc.) for more than 24 months during the 3 years immediately preceding the fellowship start date (mobility rule);
- not have obtained their PhD more than 8 years before the fellowship start date;
- hold a valid passport/travel document and be able to travel to Belgium;
- have a good knowledge of English or French.
Researchers who have been identified as persons at risk by Scholars at Risk or the Scholar Rescue Fund will be given priority.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be sent by e-mail by 30 April 2017 at the latest to email@example.com