The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Basel invites applications for the position of a Professor in Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry (open rank)
This professorship is embedded in the Department of Radiology at the University Hospital of Basel (https://radiologie.unibas.ch/nc/home/). Applicants have a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or Chemistry, and extensive experience in the development of radiopharmaceuticals. The successful candidate will be head of research and deputy head of radiopharmaceutical services within the Division of Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry, and is responsible for teaching Chemistry to medical students.
Requirements for the position are:
– Excellent, internationally competitive research in radiopharmaceutical chemistry
– Competence to teach organic and inorganic chemistry to medical students
– Management and social skills to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams
– Keen interest and proficiency to conduct clinical research projects exploiting opportunities at local nuclear medicine and radiology departments
– Successful acquisition of competitive research grants
In addition, the following profile is desirable:
– Innovative ideas to generate radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic and therapeutic applications, and for translational research in collaboration with nuclear medicine in particular in the field of oncology
– EANM certificate in Radiopharmacy/Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry (can be obtained during employment)
– Good German writing and speaking skills or high motivation to learn German
We offer you:
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. To increase the number of women in leading academic positions the university strongly encourages applications from women.
Application deadline is September 10, 2016.
Guidelines on how to submit your application are available at: https://medizin.unibas.ch/dekanat/bewerbungen.html. Please send your application (pdf files) only to: email@example.com
For additional information please contact: Prof. Matthias Wymann, Head of the Search Committee (Matthias.Wymann@UniBas.CH) Prof. Thomas Gasser, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Basel (Thomas.Gasser@ksbl.ch).