Principal Investigators Neuroscience
The VIB Center for the Biology of Disease is a vibrant, internationally recognized neuroscience department, which seeks to understand how the normal brain functions at the cellular and molecular level, as well as how these processes go astray in neurological disease.
We are currently investing heavily in single cell biology to strengthen our program. The work is supported by the genomics core facility of the KU Leuven, by the Nucleomics core of VIB in Leuven and by close interactions with our bioinformatics group.
As such, we seek to appoint a group leader who will set up a world-class research group specializing in single cell biology to understand health and disease of the brain. The successful candidate will be appointed as a full-time independent group leader at VIB, and a part-time professor at the KU Leuven. She/he will be initially funded with a grant of up to 1.5 million Euro, which is renewable every 5 years upon positive evaluation.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for ERC and other international funding.
Applications from qualified women are especially encouraged.
Setting up a world class research group.
- Is a dynamic and ambitious researcher with several years of experience in research as a postdoctoral associate or (junior) faculty member
- Has an excellent research track record in the development of methods for single-cell ‘omics’ analyses and/or in the application of such methods for studying genetic heterogeneity in health or disease (as shown by publications in top international journals)
- Has the ability to set up his/her independent research group
- Has a very strong international scientific network in the discipline of single-cell analyses
- Has strong training skills and leadership qualities
- Is collaborative, social, interactive, a team player and has the willingness to integrate into the department.
- A competitive salary
- A grant of up to 1.5 million Euro (excluding your salary)
- A challenging position in a stimulating, diverse international research environment in a world-class academic department
Start date: The position can be filled immediately.
Applications are welcome until positions are filled. A first review of applications begins May 1st, 2016. A short list of applications will be selected on the basis of CV and research program proposal. Short listed applicants will be invited for interviews and to give a seminar and a chalk talk.