The research group on “Ultrafast Dynamics in Nanoscale systems” has openings for highly motivated Postdocs to work within the ERC project “CUHL – Controlling Ultrafast Heat in Layered materials”. The goal of this project is to understand and control nanoscale thermal transport in novel material systems based on layered materials. Thermal transport plays a crucial role in applications such as thermal management and thermoelectrics. The group employs state-of-the-art ultrafast optical techniques and fabrication methods using 2D materials.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
Requirement is a Ph.D. degree in a relevant subject (physics, chemistry, material science, photonics), ideally with experience in related topics, such as heat transport, 2D materials, ultrafast optics.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 2 years.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: End of 2018.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website … and include the following:
– A cover letter.
– A full CV including contact details.
– 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.