03 Mar Call for applications – IMT-Académie des Sciences awards
The 3rd edition of the IMT-Académie des Sciences (Institut Mines Télecm -French Academy of Sciences) Awards is now open for applications. The deadline for applications is April 23, 2019.
The awards strive to reward exceptional scientific contributions at the European level in three areas:
• digital transformation in industry;
• energy and environmental engineering;
• materials and manufacturing (new for 2019).
The IMT-Académie des sciences awards comprise two prizes:
– a Grand Prix awarded to a scientist who has made an exceptional contribution to the fields mentioned above through an outstanding body of work;
– a Young Scientist Prize awarded to a scientist who is under 40 years old on January 1st of the year the prize is awarded, and who has contributed to these same fields with a major innovation.
These prizes will be awarded by IMT, with support from Fondation Mines-Télécom and the Académie des Sciences. They will include the following prize amounts:
– Grand Prix: €30,000
– Young Scientist Prize: €15,000
Each prize will be awarded to a scientist of any nationality working in France, or in Europe in close collaboration with French teams. Applications must be sent to the Académie des Sciences by a laboratory director, an establishment manager or a member of the Académie who supports the application.
Submit applications here. Deadline April 23, 2019