The REDI (RMIT European Doctoral Innovators) program is a unique opportunity offering excellent PhD positions including enviable international experience, top-class research discipline and transversal skills training as well as networking with academic and industry leaders from 60+ supporting partners.
REDI’s early-stage researchers from around the globe will be working with leading European research and academic institutions across 10 countries and spend up to one residential year at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia (ranked in the top 20 universities under 50 years old in the world). REDI researchers will be part of a rich multidisciplinary and multicultural research community and work closely with leading industry partners, their projects and careers benefiting from comprehensive technical training, international experience and mentoring.
Currently, there are 20 open positions in very diverse fields that range from architecture and design, to manufacturing and engineering, information and communication technologies, business and administration or biological sciences.
As a REDI researcher you will be:
• enrolled by two entities (in most cases both degree-awarding institutions), with the chance to be awarded dual doctorates and gain alumni status from multiple institutions, including the Marie Curie Alumni Association
• seeing the world and spending up to a year at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia (ranked in the top 20 universities under 50 years old in the world)
• part of a rich multidisciplinary network of researchers and supervisors who come together in annual training weeks in Barcelona
• working closely with industry and gaining experience with the 40+ leading companies supporting the program
• earning a salary above national standards for doctoral positions with full social security and career mentoring benefits (with further support available for eligible researchers with additional needs)
• receiving support and guidance from two highest-calibre, experienced supervisors with high PhD completion rates
• enhancing your career prospects through comprehensive technical and transversal skills training from leading institutions, intersectoral and international experience and mentoring
• working on innovative and exciting projects of high commercial and societal value with up to four years to complete your research
At REDI we are committed to fostering gender equality in science at all stages of the project: From the selection process to the annual training program – every step of the way. Thus, we highly encourage female candidates to apply and become the research leaders of tomorrow!
Deadline: 30 April 2022 (midnight CET)