06 Oct Rudolf Mößbauer Tenure Track Assistant Professorships
Technical University of Munich (TUM) is the first university in Germany to reinforce its recruitment policy by a compre-hensive tenure track system. Based on best international standards and transparent performance criteria, TUM FACULTY TENURE TRACK offers merit-based academic career options for high-potential early-career scientists, from the ap-pointment as Assistant Professor through a permanent position as Associate Professor and on to Full Professor.
The TUM Institute for Advanced Study (TUM-IAS) invites applications for the prestigious Rudolf Mößbauer Tenure Track Assistant Professorships to be appointed by October 1st, 2020.
The professorships are funded by the Federal Tenure Track Programme. Within its Fellowship program, the TUM-IAS awards Rudolf Mößbauer Tenure Track Professorships to excellent early-career scientists with a high potential for developing an internationally recognized research agenda at TUM.
Applications are invited for up to five professorships in the following areas of the TUM research portfolio (potential host department(s) for each professorship bracketed):
– Technology Design (Department of Architecture)
– Data Science and Machine Learning in Chemistry (Department of Chemistry / Department of Informatics)
– Data Science and Machine Learning in Engineering (Department of Mechanical Engineering)
– Data Science and Machine Learning in Health (Department of Sport and Health Sciences / Department of Informat-ics)
– Functional Nanomaterials (Department of Chemistry)
– Electron Microscopy (Department of Chemistry / Department of Physics)
– Secure Connected Systems (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering / Department of Informatics)
– Aerospace Medicine (Department of Aerospace and Geodesy / TUM School of Medicine)
The initial appointment will be for 6 years. After positive evaluation in the final year, the candidate is tenured on an Associate Professor level (permanent position). In exceptional cases, the tenure evaluation may be initiated after a minimum of three years. Such cases will be justified by outstanding achievements and by contributions strategically shaping the university’s profile.
The regulations according to “TUM Faculty Recruitment and Career System” (http://www.tum.de/faculty-tenure-track) apply. Eligible candidates have established a strong track record during their postdoctoral phase, and demonstrate pedagogical and personal aptitude and have gained substantial international experience. Family leave will be taken into consideration. Supported by competitive start-up resources, candidates are expected to develop an independent and vigorous research program. Furthermore, candidates should be committed to excellence in undergraduate/graduate teaching and in super-vising PhD students.
Further information on TUM-IAS and the Rudolf Mößbauer Tenure Track Professorship can be found here.
Deadline: November 10, 2019
Where to apply: https://wiki.tum.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=267289115