The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore new technologies, aiming at significantly improving her or his professional career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics and participate in projects tackled by the RU related to the automatic control, programming, and monitoring of disaggregated packet and optical transport networks. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to conduct experimental implementation and validation activities of deploying configurable network operating systems, transponder agents, transport network monitoring, etc.
What do we offer? :
• We offer a research position in the framework of the Spanish UNICO-5G project, 6G-OPTRAN (Redes de transporte abiertas de paquetes y ópticas para B5G/6G) TSI-063000-2021-23 and TSI-063000-2021-115 with duration till 31/12/2024.
• Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
• Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
• CTTC category: The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC.
More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
• Tenure track: Career progression with possibility of stabilization trough a permanent structural contract
• Prospect start date: January 1st, 2023
• Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
• Possibility to enroll in a Phd Program (Phd fees paid by CTTC)
• Required qualification/skills/ experience:
o Overall networking concepts and methodologies (e.g., TCP/IP, Ethernet)
o GNU/Linux knowledge for system administration and software development
o Programming skills in one of Python, Java, or C/C++ languages.
o Strong motivation and desire to learn and explore new technologies
o Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
• Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
o Testbed management and proof-of-concept / demo skills (e.g., GUIs and supporting applications)
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply: https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/