Recruitment of Directors of Research and Innovation in one of the following domains: cyber security; digital society; health & wellbeing; digital industry; sustainable energy.
The Bruno Kessler Foundation www.fbk.eu has made a name for itself by the quality of its scientific research and its ability to drive socio-economic innovation, emerging over time as an agent of local and global change.
The Foundation is issuing the present Call for Applications for men and women who feel qualified to play a role of scientific and managerial leadership, in a high-value-added teamwork context, involving the following domains: cyber security; digital society; health and wellbeing; digital industry; sustainable energy; sensors and devices.
The domains will fall into separate research structures organized in Centers operating according to the provisions of the Foundation Statute and respective regulations.
Though strictly inter-coordinated, the Centers will implement the policies laid down in the Foundation Strategy Plan from their own finances and drawing on their researchers, technologists, technicians, PhD students and other affiliates.
The following profiles distinguish the Centers:
- the “Sustainable Energy” Center will focus on simulating, modelling and testing systems for producing, storing and distributing renewable forms of energy (the Center will have nearly 20 researchers/technologists and 5 PhD students)
- the “Health & Wellbeing” Center will focus on developing and experimentally testing ICT technologies and methodologies geared to personalised prevention and treatment (the Center will have nearly 60 researchers/technologists and 25 PhD students)
- the “Digital Industry” Center will focus on developing industrial ICT tools and platforms designed to optimise the work of human resources, productivity, plant efficiency and highly automated working environment efficiency. Special attention will be devoted to designing and producing innovative systems to exploit the potential of Data Science so as to make production systems more efficient, autonomous, reactive, intelligent and flexible (the Center will have nearly 70 researchers/technologists and 30 PhD students)
- the “Digital Society” Center will focus on developing and experimenting with integrated methodological and technological platforms for Smart Cities & Communities, using ICT as the key transformative technology to improve quality of life and social inclusion in intelligent territories and communities (the Center will have nearly 80 researchers/technologists and 30 PhD students)
- the “Cyber Security” Center will focus on developing highly innovative ICT security solutions warding off hazards and enhancing integration with people (the Center will have nearly 30 researchers/technologists and 10 PhD students).
Deadline: 31st July 2020 (12 p.m. GMT+2)
More information and applications: jobs.fbk.eu