A three-year cross-disciplinary postdoctoral position is available in the Computational Biology Group within the Department of Medical Genetics at the University of Oslo (UiO)/Oslo University Hospital (OUS).
Investigation of the role of the non-coding genome in type 2 diabetes
The department of Medical Genetics of Oslo University Hospital is the largest medical genetics department in Norway. The Research and Development section forms a dynamic research environment consisting of 8 senior researchers, 20 postdocs and PhD fellows, and 10 technicians. The section also hosts the Norwegian Sequencing Centre (www.sequencing.uio.no), a national core facility for high throughput sequencing.
Only electronic applications through WebCruiter will be considered
The position will focus on data analysis and will complement ongoing work in our group involving application of deep learning and multidimensional statistical analysis techniques to large datasets. Thus, a background in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline would be well suited to this position. Experience with languages such as C++/java/GPU would be ideal. Additionally, some familiarity with their application in the life sciences, or a willingness to learn, would be beneficial.
Requirement and Qualifications
- A PhD degree in computer science, physics, statistics or related discipline
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to details
- The candidate should be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Personal skills will be emphasized. Especially, the candidate should be able to work independently and interactively in a transdisciplinary research group, be motivated and responsible, and have a enthusiasm for their research.
The application must include (please remember that all documents should be in English)
- Application letter, including motivation for applying for the position
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work-scientific publications and other relevant activity)
- A complete list of any publications and academic work
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Contact details of 2 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
For more information about the project, please contact:
Simon Rayner, phone +47 938 06 657 firstname.lastname@example.org.