The Department of Political Science at the University of Innsbruck is hiring a post-doc researcher (6 years, with tenure-track option) on “Political Communication & Digital Complexity”.
- original research in the Computational Social Sciences and in Political Communication with big data;
- methodological specialization in web harvesting and the usage of data interfaces (APIs) of social-network platforms as well as in automated text analysis and social network analysis;
- participation in the activities of the research center “Spheres of Governance: Institutions and Agency” as well as other of centers within the research platform “Organizations & Society”;
- opening up the discipline to the Digital Humanities and Linguistics at the University of Innsbruck;
- independent planning and implementation of courses and exams as well as supervising of theses;
- teaching on Computational Social Sciences, Political Communication, and on methods of data-collection and -analysis in the BA, MA, and PhD programs in Political Science and other programs at the Faculty of Social and Political Science as well as in other study programs at the University of Innsbruck;
- contributing to academic administration.
More info and applications here