In line with the Lisbon Strategy, ARCHES aims above all at the creation of knowledge by establishing collaborations with universities and research centres and by promoting the training of young scientists. It also promotes the recognition of female talent in science and the carreer of women in scientific research. Through its Dutch office, ARCHES has joined the European Platform of Women Scientists (EPWS) as supporting organisation.
ARCHES has the capacity to make connections with the global research community, with industry and with European institutions at all levels. Its main goal is to foster the co-operation of key stakeholders to actively contribute to the advancement of knowledge and to the development and implementation of policies regarding research and innovation in the EU. In order to achieve this goal, the following objectives are pursued:
- Collection of innovative ideas in the field of fundamental and applied research.
- Assessment of the ideas in terms of feasibility in close co-operation with academic and industrial partners.
- Aggregation of competencies and resources necessary to carry out high quality projects.
- Preparation of the project proposals for the implementation of the ideas.
- Active participation in research and knowledge transfer activities