“The GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies / Leibniz-Institut für Globale und
Regionale Studien seeks to hire a
Applications are invited for a full-time position, with a contract of one year, starting 1 April
2012. The salary is commensurate with TV-AVH / TVöD EG 13.
The successful candidate will
– be part of the Hamburg International Graduate School for the Study of Regional Powers
– work on power shifts among non-European regions and states, related conflicts about regional
leadership within these geographical areas, potential contests over spheres of influence,
or the formation of governance structures among the new regional powers
– have the opportunity to further deepen the expertise on regional powers, develop a research
project, prepare publications, and be a member of an international team of junior and
– doctorate in Political Science (preferably International Relations), Economics, or related field
– expertise on non-European regions (preferably with a focus on Africa or the Middle East)
– methodological proficiency
– promising publication record.
The GIGA promotes gender equality and actively encourages applications from women.
Among equally qualified applicants, women will receive preferential consideration in those
areas in which they are underrepresented.
Please send your application (Ref.-No. GIGA-11-12) and relevant supporting documentation
(CV, credentials, list of publications, max. two work samples) to:
Stephanie Stövesand, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies,
Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
E-mail: email@example.com. E-mail applications are preferred.
Screening of applications will begin on 31 January 2012.
For further information, please visit the GIGA homepage (www.giga-hamburg.de) or contact
Dr. Anja Jetschke (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +49 (0)40 – 42825-768).”