Commissioner Geoghegan-Quinn’s Webcast took place on the 17th of June, with the participation of over 600 people, including EPWS’ President.
Below is a sample of the questions put forth by EPWS:
“Considering the need to involve all qualified contributors in pushing Innovation in Europe,
1. What measures will the European Commission put in place to enhance the participation of women scientists in European in FP7 and FP8?
2. How will you make sure that the particular women needs are taken into account in the European programmes
3. How do you intend to insure that the scientific institutions all over Europe will practise true equal opportunities policies?
4. What measures will the European Commission put in place to raise gender awareness among its evaluators and scientific officers?
5. What measures will the European Commission put in place to raise the number of female applicants and grantees in ERC funding schemes?”
To read the full list of EPWS questions (PDF), please click here