4th to 6th November 2016 in Freising near München
Science. Knowledge. Power.
*************** Call for Papers **************
The German Association of Women Engineers (deutscher ingenieurinnenbund) in cooperation with the International Network of Women Engineers and Scientists (INWES) invites you to their annual conference from 4 to 6 November 2016 in Freising near Munich.
The conference offers participants, speakers and exhibitors the opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience in career development as well as on recent advances in research and technology. Participants at the conference are engineers as well as students of engineering and natural sciences from Germany and abroad. About 250 participants are expected.
The conference languages are German and English. Please indicate when submitting papers, in which language(s) you are willing give your presentation.
The theme of the conference is „ Science. Knowledge. Power.“. We welcome your suggestions for lectures and workshops relating to the following topics:
1. Introduction, definition and history of the conference theme (opening lecture)
- Historical interplay of science and power Info: this lecture is planned to be given in English, if in German: simultaneous translation
2. Powerful Means – creating power?
- Patents and Research
- Big Data
3. What does Power mean for the Tech Market?
- Market Power –how did and how does that work? Mechanisms, Regulations.
- From Industry 4.0 to Market 4.0
4. People-power in professional life (STEM – careers)
- What is a career? From classical to modern concepts of a career
- Understanding and using the power-relationships in companies
- Carreers and power relationships in Science
5. Women in power
- Role-clichés and taboos – Resistance and catalysts
Give the participants the benefit of your knowledge and experience in a lecture or interactive workshop!
Contact for dib Munich, Conference Organization:
Phone: +49 89 430 88671 (Mainly: Call recording) Fax +49 89 43737388
Mail to: email@example.com
Further information about the 30-year dib-conference in Munich, Freising can be found at www.dibev.de and www.muc.inwes.net