The Women and Science Chair at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, of which the Fondation L’Oréal is a member, seeks to engage and foster interdisciplinary approaches to analyzing the causes and consequences of the underrepresentation of women in careers in scientific research and academia.
The Women and Science Chair’s mission is to create and disseminate national and international research on women and girls in the hard and natural sciences (from scientific subjects to scientific research and scientific careers), with the aim of interrogating and better understanding:
- the factors responsible for the underrepresentation of women in scientific programs and careers;
- the role of various environmental factors that influence the differing career trajectories of girls and boys, women and men (stereotypes, parents, professors, men, etc.);
- the connection between chosen program of study and academic performance (in the sciences, but also in the humanities and social sciences);
- the impact of both sociocultural factors and public policy, based on a comparative international analysis;
- the impact of scientific studies that account for neither sex nor gender in their design;
- the impact of the absence or underrepresentation of women in science on research quality and research focus;
- solutions, policies, and experiments that have been implemented.
Each year, between 5 and 7 research projects are selected and receive support of up to €10,000.
The deadline for submission of applications is 30 April 2021.
For more information about the Women and Science Chair, please visit this link.