16-17 September 2019
Inequality vs inclusiveness in changing academic governance: policies, resistances, opportunities
Organized by EUMENT-NET & Department of Political Science University of Naples Federico II
Conference Website: eument-net.eu/eument-net-conference-2019
We welcome empirical and theoretical contributions (about your research or project) on the following topics:
- New forms of techno-scientific governance and their impact in terms of gender and diversity in academia
- Excellence and bias effects in academic recruitment and career progression
- The contribution of gender studies and STS feminist studies to fostering gender equality in academia
- The contribution of HR professionals to fostering gender equality in academia
- Gender equality action plans in academic and research institutions
- Mentoring programs as a tool for supporting and developing diversity in academia
- Cultural change in the research institutions through mentoring programs
- Mentoring programs benefits for mentees, mentors and institutions
For practitioners, there will be organized expert exchange sessions.
The International Conference will be hosted by the University of Naples Federico II, Italy, from the 16th – 17th of September 2019.
On the 18th of September 2019, the General Assembly of the EUMENT-NET will be held. This meeting is also open to those (non-members) interested in EUMENT-NET´s agenda (e.g.) mentoring programs coordinators or people thinking about setting up a mentoring program at their institution. We will discuss the plan for 2020 and the possibilities of future cooperation among our members. It is a good opportunity for non-members to gain useful contacts and information, and to explore a possible interest in membership.
Deadline for abstract submission has been extended until: 14th of July 2019
Acceptance of abstracts announcement: 19th of July 2019
(People who have sent their abstrasct until the original deadline on 30th of June will receive acceptance letter until the origin date 15th of July)
Deadline early bird rate: 31st of July 2019;
Deadline standard rate: 31st of August 2019.
You can register here.
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
Abstracts for oral presentation max. 400 words, for poster presentation max. 200 words – should be submitted by 30th of June 2019. The organizing committee will notify authors of the acceptance of proposals by 15th of July 2019.
Submit your abstract here.