The Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation and the Ministry of Universities, in collaboration with the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (hosting institution), and the support of the European Network on Gender Equality in Higher Education and other Spanish stakeholders, are inviting researchers, professors, administrators, policy-makers, practitioners and students, to participate in the 11th European Conference on Gender Equality in Higher Education taking place online during September 15-17, 2021.
Call for abstracts
Advancing gender mainstreaming in Academia, Research and Innovation
New deadline for submission: 24th March 2021
The 11th European conference, with the theme “Advancing gender mainstreaming in Academia, Research and Innovation” welcomes high-level contributions (to be evaluated by our International Scientific Committee) in the following thematic areas:
• Gender approaches in fostering scientific-technical vocations, especially in STEM fields
• Integration of the gender dimension in university teaching (undergraduate, postgraduate and pre-doctoral training)
• Policies fostering the incorporation of the gender dimension into the content of research, knowledge transfer and innovation
• Policies fostering structural change for gender equality in the research, technology and innovation system
• Gender Equality Plans and strategies in research, technology and innovation institutions
• Impact of the COVID-19 and the confinement on women’s research careers as well as the role of sex/gender analysis in transdisciplinary research on COVID-19
With two cross-cutting dimensions for all the conference areas:
• Gender and Intersectionality
• Application to Polytechnic Universities, including special focus on STEM fields and Women in STEM, as well as on STEM-SSH interdisciplinarity
Proposals are expected to present research-based analysis, good practices, evaluation and impact of strategies and measures on the above mentioned areas.
Once you receive email confirmation of acceptance by May 2021, we encourage you to proceed to our registration.
More information and Guidelines for Abstract Submission