The newly established Centre of Excellence “Hybrid Technology Hub” is seeking a candidate for a postdoctoral research position focused on the data and analysis challenges of the centre. The overall goal of the centre is to develop an “organ on a chip” platform that reproduces core energy metabolism within regulating organs in the human body and which will allow real time data acquisition upon exposure to therapeutic tools.
Handling the large quantities of diverse data types generated in the project will be a key challenge for the centre and we are planning an open source solution to make the data publically available. The position therefore represents a challenging yet stimulating setting in a cutting edge scientific research. The candidate should have proven experience in handling, processing and visualization of large and high dimensional data, as well as developing data standards and storage solutions. Experience working with scientific data would be ideal, for example as a bioinformatician or computer scientist, but experience working with other data types and a willingness to learn will also be considered. Given the diverse nature of the research, the candidate should have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The Center of Excellence “Hybrid Technology Hub” is located at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, at the University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital.Qualifications
Essential requirements for the position are:
- A PhD with experience in data handling in an academic or industrial environment.
- A proven ability and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Curiosity, creativity and an ability to drive one’s own research ideas to a successful conclusion, demonstrated by strong publication record or product development.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English.
- Entry-level leadership potential.
The position is available for 2 years and 6 months.