The Department of Political Science at the University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of an assistant professor in empirical gender research.
· engaging in empirical gender research (in one or more sub-fields of political science);
· teaching and supervising theses in the BA, MA, and PhD programs in Political Science at the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences as well as in the Master’s Program “Gender, Culture and Social Change”;
· participating in the activities of the research platforms “Gender Research: Identities – Discourses – Transformation” and/or “Organizations & Society“ and their affiliated research centers;
· participating in international professional networks (such as the ECPR Standing Group on Gender and Politics or the Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Section of the ISA)
· contributing to academic administration.
· PhD in political science;
· focus on empirical gender research (in one or more sub-fields of political science), excellent knowledge of research designs and methods in political science as well as familiarity with theories of gender research, demonstrated through publications in subject-relevant journals with (double-blind) peer review and listing in the Social Sciences Citation Index or the Arts & Humanities Citation Index;
· relevant academic achievements beyond the PhD thesis;
· experience as post-doc researcher or relevant professional experience.
· experience in the application for and the implementation of third-party-funded projects;
· experience in post-graduate academic mobility;
· didactic competence (indicated by student evaluations);
· social competence;
· proficiency (C1) in English and German (or the willingness to teach in German within a five-year period)
· applications have to include comprehensive research and teaching concepts;
· applications have to include the names of at least two people who can be contacted for a reference.
Deadline 22 May 2019