Assistant Professor (tenure-track) and Professor positions in all areas of natural sciences including Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria invites applications for several open positions in all areas of the above-mentioned disciplines as well as in related and interdisciplinary fields. We especially welcome applications from the following areas:
- Chemistry including materials chemistry, physical chemistry, synthetic chemistry, theoretical chemistry, chemical physics, chemical and structural biology
- Data science, including statistics, machine learning, optimization, bioinformatics, and scientific computing
- Engineering & technology, including bioengineering, nanotechnology, computer systems, control theory, and robotics
- A highly international and interdisciplinary research environment with English as working language on campus
- State-of the art facilities and scientific support services (www.ist.ac.at/scientific-service-units/)
- Competitive start-up package and salary
- Guaranteed annual base funding including funding for PhD students and postdocs
- Wide portfolio of career support
- Child-care facilities on campus
IST Austria (www.ist.ac.at) is an international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural, mathematical, and computational sciences.
The Institute fosters an interactive, collegial, and supportive atmosphere, sharing space and resources between research groups whenever possible, and facilitating cross-disciplinary collaborations.
Our PhD program involves a multi-disciplinary course schedule and rotations in research groups, and we hire scholars from diverse international backgrounds.
The campus of IST Austria is located close to Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world. Assistant professors receive independent group leader positions with an initial contract of six years, at the end of which they are reviewed by international peers. If the evaluation is positive, an assistant professor is promoted to a tenured professor. Candidates for tenured positions are distinguished scientists in their respective research fields and have at least six years of experience in leading a research group.
Please apply online at: www.ist.ac.at/jobs/faculty/
The closing date for applications is October 30, 2020.
IST Austria values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. We strive for increasing the number of women, particularly in fields where they are underrepresented, and therefore we strongly encourage female researchers to apply.