This research training group at the University of Bremen, newly funded by the German Science Foundation DFG, invites applications for
12 PhD positions
German federal employee scale TV-L E13, 75% of a full position,
for 3 years, starting 1 October 2016.
The RTG offers:
– Collaborative research projects between mathematicians of the Center for Industrial Mathematics; mathematicians in analysis, topology, and statistics; and applied scientists.
– Research topics including inverse problems, direct optimisation, mathematical data analysis.
– A multifaceted qualiﬁcation programme in applied mathematics and scientiﬁc computing, including research stays at partner institutions abroad, summer schools, and training workshops.
Requirements for PhD candidates:
– M.Sc. or equivalent degree with excellent grades in math sciences or related ﬁelds.
– Experience in one of the research topics of this RTG.
– Skills in scientiﬁc computer programming.
– Internship in industry or research is advantageous.
– Fluency in English.
– Desire to work in an international and interdisciplinary team.
Gender equality will be given special emphasis within this research training group. Applications from female candidates, international applications and applications of academics with a migrant background are explicitly welcome.
For detailed information please visit: