According to the EPWS Statutes full or associate members have to be:
- national nodes or
- women scientists’ organisations and networks or
- organisations and networks committed to the promotion of women scientists or
- organisations and networks committed to gender issues in science or
- the women’s sections of mixed science organisations.
For full membership, organisations must:
- have legal status in their own member state as a non-governmental organisation;
- be legally registered as a non profit making organisation;
- demonstrate a clear commitment to gender equality on the basis of past and current activities and future plans;
- act independently of any political party or religious authority.
Associate members can be key individuals from countries without established structures or organisations that are committed to the purpose and the aims of the Association which do not comply with the basic requirements (as yet).
There is also the possibility to join as an individual supporting member or as a supporting organisation.
Supporting members can be individuals or organisations which accept the purpose and the aims of the Association and support the Association.
Supporting organisations can be foundations, organisations or companies committed to supporting the aims and objectives of the organisation, from
- the European Union
- the European Economic Area countries
- acceding and candidate countries
- associated states to the RTD Framework Programme.
The exact details, as well as the respective members’ rights and obligations, and the admission process are part of the EPWS Statutes.
The Board of Administration, together with the Secretariat, will devise the admission procedure.
If you are interested in joining the European Platform of Women Scientists, please send an email to: